Saturday, May 7, 2011

'Women's Intuition' Frida x Maria



Here is an all but finished drawing for the tribute to Frida show, it's called 'Women's Intuition' . It is really a cross between Frida and myself, mainly because I used myself as a model. Also, I did immersed myself in her reality for the past couple of months so I find it fitting that we blended together in the end in a strange way.
Wood is all together different from anything I have worked with and has it's challenges. I did three drawings on wood and each one, made of the same wood varied in striation/grain, which resulted in different contrast's when compared, even though I used the same graphite on all three. I didn't expect that, but I will most likely use it again in the future and try different mediums and effects.

No comments: